- SHORTS #1 are the pair that I wore in my last OOTD post. It was a lucky find because these were actually vintage Express jeans. I basically just cut them into shorts then damaged the bottom to give it a worn out vintage look, popped them in the wash, and the strands got longer.
- SHORTS #2 were plain yellow shorts I had bought from Forever21 last summer, but they're a little loose on me now so I decided to jazz them up a bit and sell them. Basically I frayed and damaged holes on both sides of the front and sewed a floral pattern onto the back pockets. In my opinion its a bad sewing job so I'm probably going to sell them for cheap lol
- SHORTS #3 were another pair of pants I found at Goodwill that I turned into shorts, and again, they're too big for me so I'll be selling them in the future. I frayed the bottom and made holes in the front, ombre'd/bleached, and studding the inside of one pocket. These shorts didn't have back pockets so I decided to give it some. I was going for a Rihanna torn denim look while doing the pockets and this was the result!
- SHORTS#4 are my favorite shorts out of the bunch. They were long jeans that I got from Goodwill I turned into shorts. They're Levis so they are extremely comfy, stretchy, and flexible. I decided to make these my basic shorts and not do any major altering to it because they were perfect the way they were lol
- SHORTS #5 is actually a new and improved version of shorts #3. I really liked the way they turned out and was bummed they didn't fit me, so I made these shorts and decided to even make it a bit better. I did the same process as I did with the old shorts: fraying damaging, bleaching, and studding. The only thing I did differently was gluing down a flap of the back pocket with fabric glue and studding the inside. As you can see a few of my back studs fell off in the wash .__. always hand wash delicate things people! lol
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
MY SUMMER DIY HIGH WAISTED SHORTS HAUL
Sincerely, N A D J A ☾ at 1:49 PM